Important to keep in mind if you do Workout Club HIIT workouts on the light or medium level:
- Does your heart rate peak?
- Do you get out of breath?
- Do you have sore muscles after the workouts?
- Are the training sessions still challenging enough for you?
and most importantly ... do you obtain results?!
To achieve a good result with high intensive interval training it is very important to keep challenging your body. If the above points are not applicable to you then it is time to start training at a higher level! Change to the HIIT Pro level for the ultimate challenge!
80% of a fit and healthy body is nutrition, 20% is exercise. So it should be clear that the right nutrition will help your performance. If you train 2 to 4 times per week (high intensity functional exercises), responsible nutrition is the way to improve your performance:
· By increasing your intake of quality proteins (meat, fish, eggs and poultry), your muscles will repair themselves more quickly, which means you can train harder, sooner.
· By choosing good carbohydrates, your blood sugar level will fluctuate less and you will have more energy during hard training. And not unimportantly, these carbohydrates also promote muscle development.
· By eating a quality diet, you replenish your vitamin and mineral reserves. Fruit is also a good choice, but don't eat more than two pieces per day in order to limit your fructose intake.
· By eating more good fats, you will improve your balance between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. The omega-3 to 6 balance is often not right. The ideal balance is 1 to 1, but unfortunately it is much more often 1 to 6 or worse. Too much omega-6 leads to an increase in inflammations in the body, whereas omega-3 actually has an anti-inflammatory effect. Omega-3 helps you stay free of injury by keeping inflammation in the body down.
· A reduced fat percentage makes exercises that use your bodyweight easier. Imagine how much easier burpees would be if you weighed 10 kg less. Moreover, by training, your muscle mass increases and your body fat percentage falls. Which means you burn even more calories.
There is much confusion these days about healthy food. New superfood hypes and diets make us forget that it is actually all about the balance between energy intake and energy expenditure.
In our ebook "The complete guide to fit” we will give you a clear explanation how to structure your diet. This allows you to immediately start to make adjustments to your diet so it suits your body. We help you on your way to easily calculate your calorie needs and to choose the right foods from the list. You'll find that your athletic performance will improve and you will be the best version of yourself in no time.
We still have seven weeks before the summer so go for it!
Since my teenage years I was fascinated by my fitness and physique. This resulted in a lot of hours training and
trying many different ways to achieve my intended results.
By nature I am an adventurous sporty type. Also during my travels there should always be an adventurous and sporty
element in it. Also, I always find a gym abroad to experience how Personal Trainers are working there.
Through these experiences I became eager to turn my hobby into my profession.